Sunday 12 January 2014

I'm so impatient!


So I have finally made it to the end of Chapter 2 in the Genki textbook, which means that tomorrow I will be starting the dreaded Chapter 3. I have already covered most of the vocabulary for Chapter 3 so I guess that is one weight off the load.

Yesterday night I decided to watch My Neighbour Totoro in Japanese. It is one of my favourite films and I usually watch it with English dubs. I began to panic as soon as the film had started because I found that often, I did not recognise a lot of what was being said. After that, I began watching a short segment of a Japanese TV show about foreigners on their life in Japan and I was amazed and jealous of how good they were speaking Japanese. I began to feel pretty depressed about these things and I had to take a step back to put my feelings into perspective.

Then it hit me! It has been a week exactly since I picked up my Genki Textbook and began studying seriously! 7 days and I was already feeling insufficient (>_<). I have realised now, that not only am I a perfectionist, I am also extremely impatient. My biggest hurdle that I need to overcome is my impatience, because if I feel like I am not succeeding fast enough, I am likely to give up studying all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment